Monday, March 19, 2012

Collaborative and Distance Communication Tools


Skype and a Webcammm PARTY!

If you have been reading my blog lately you already know Skype is sweeping the nation.  Skype is a great tool that allows people to communicate with one and other  through video chat. This type of communication can even happen when those people are continents apart! Crazy huh? There are countless benefits when it comes to Skype including many reasons why one would use Skyp. Some of these include: personal, educational and professional.  If you read my previous entry you know that younger grades are starting to Skype with schools across the Atlantic. Seems amazing right? Well not so…according to some teachers who note that unless education stays the main topic of conversation Skype can become just another distraction. (Who would have thought?!) SKype also allows people to stay in touch with friends and family. Last, but not least Skype is helping the business worlds, and saving it TONS of money. Skype is also great for interveiws!

Another social media outlet catching the world by storm is called clubbing from home via Ustream or Boiler Room. I have never heard of this, however I think it’s VERY sad if you and your friends sit at home and watch people party, or if you have the time to “see if the party is worth going out for.” Can you say lazy?????????? No wonder Americas obesity is up! Oh and one more thing-Is anyone else freaked out that people can tune in and see whos at a party? I think that sounds like a murders/psychopaths dream.

1 comment:

  1. I have never heard of Ustream! Thats weird. But HOLLA for the Skype! I love it! I can communicate with all my friends in Belgium once a week! I have no idea what I would do without it!

    ReplyDelete